- P 585.340.5166
- F 585.340.5266
- E DVeniskey@EFPRgroup.com
Dave is a Partner at EFPR Group, LLP and has been with the firm since 1984. He oversees a wide variety of engagements, and provides internal resources and guidance on an array of technical issues. Dave has acquired experience in numerous industries including emerging technology, engineering, manufacturing, distribution, construction and professional services. Dave service area expertise includes: Individual and business tax compliance, business advisory services, estate and trust planning and administration, business tax and investment incentives, strategic planning and, merger and acquisition related services.
Dave is a popular seminar speaker and has conducted numerous seminars and workshops in the following topic areas: Entity Planning and Structure, Tax Planning with Federal and State Tax Credits, Estate Planning, Trust Taxation and a variety of other tax planning topics.
In addition to delivering high-level client service, Dave leads the firm’s Emerging Technology Team a group he founded and now provides its strategic direction. Dave is actively involved in educational and professional events throughout the community.
Dave is also active in the Angel Investment community and acts as a financial and business advisor to many local business start-ups. He has also served as an Entrepreneur in Residence under the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
Dave graduated from St. John Fisher College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting in 1980. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Dave was recently recognized by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC) and given the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation. This a graduate-level specialization in estate planning, obtained in addition to already recognized professional credentials within the various disciplines of estate planning. It is awarded to estate planning professionals who meet stringent requirements of experience, knowledge, education, professional reputation, and character.
Dave was also given the James Robinson award for his work with the Rochester Childfirst Network of over 30 years.
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP)
- St. John Fisher College, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester, Past President
- St. John Fisher College, Planned Giving Advisor Committee
- Monroe County Hospital Foundation, Board Member, President and Treasurer
- Rochester Area Community Foundation, Board Member
- Rochester Angel Network, Board Member
- Estate Planning Council, Past President
- Rochester Children’s Nursery Foundation, Past President
- Jim Robinson Award from Rochester Childfirst Network