Christopher M. Johnston, CPA is a Partner and Department Head in EFPR Group’s Attest department. He has been with EFPR group, LLP for over twenty years. Christopher also serves on the firm’s executive committee. Christopher’s wide range of experience includes closely held businesses in manufacturing and construction, not-for profit organizations and colleges, assisted living facilities, and 401(K)/ pension plans. Christopher is a member of our private equity group. He has been involved in a number of M&A engagements including due diligence advisory services. Christopher is the Firm’s AICPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center designated partner. In addition, he is also part of the Cannabis team and leads the attest discussions.
Christopher also frequently presents on accounting changes pertaining to Nonprofits and Assisted Living organizations. He also oversees the content for the Firm’s Nonprofit seminars for financial leaders.
Christopher is an active SUNY Geneseo Alumni. He has been a member of the School of Business Advisory Council. As part of Christopher’s involvement with the organization he frequently speaks with classes and students about careers in public accounting.
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- SUNY Geneseo, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Upstate Venture Association of New York (UVANY)
- Monroe County Industrial Development Corporation, Board Member Loan Committee, Finance Committee
- Ontario Insurance Company, Board Member, Investment Committee & Executive Committee
- NYS Department of Health, Cost Report Work Group, Member
- SUNY Geneseo School of Business, Business Advisory Council, Member
- Upstate Venture Association of New York (UVANY), Member
- Greece United Futbol Club, Board Member and Treasurer
- Greater Greece Soccer League, Coach
- Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, Former Board and Finance Committee Members
- Greece Chamber of Commerce Charitable Foundation, Former Board Member
- Rochester Business Journal 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2012