Responsible for oversight of the tax reporting, tax planning and compliance function. Will supervise the completion of accurate tax returns in order to minimize the tax obligations of an organization. Must be familiar with regulations at the federal, state and local level..
- Serves as lead contact to interact with client. Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards, and the BDO Tax Quality Manual (“TQM”).
- Conducts top level review of T/R and resolves all tax issues with client; involves specialists where appropriate
- Communicates with client and assures any issues identified are communicated to the appropriate Partner/Director assigned to the client.
- Plans and reviews the tax process and the procedures to be performed to include:
- Budgeting and staffing
- Monitoring engagement process and actual time incurred vs. budget with assistance of Senior
- Timely billing including management of identified out-of-scope activity and communication to client
- Timely collection of A/R
- Manages client relationships/expectations in accordance with the project
- Provides advice to clients in a timely manner
- Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis.
- Involves firm specialists, as appropriate
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future taxes.
- Serves as a technical resource
- Ensures client service teams comply with Firm policy
- Provides effective assistance with exam support
- Frames projects and issues for effective delegation to seniors and associates
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, corporate, pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, credits and incentives.
- May be required to organize and conduct effective internal CPE training sessions in area of specialization, involving
- Introduces and develops new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits.
- Reviews studies of tax implications and offers clients alternative courses of action
- Identifies and leverages lessons learned on prior projects, and offers input on how to improve processes and methods
- Supervises associates and senior associates on all projects
- Reviews work prepared by associates and senior associates and provide review comments
- Trains Associates and Seniors how to use all current software tools
- Acts as a Career Advisor to associates and senior associates
- Schedules and manages workload of associates and senior associates
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- CPA Licensed
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of prior experience
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.