Our SALT team will help oversee state and local tax implications and recommend solutions aimed to simplify these complexities in the post-Wayfair environment.
To identify risk associated with state tax non-compliance and take advantage of tax saving opportunities review our:
1. Is my product or service taxable in another state?
2. Do I have state registration and reporting requirements?
3. How does the recent Wayfair v SD ruling affect multi-state registration and reporting requirements?
4. Are any state programs available to allow a taxpayer to come in to compliance voluntarily, offering reduced penalty assessment?
5. How should we respond to a state Nexus or business activity questionnaire received?
6. Do out of state employees or sub-contractors create state registration and filing requirements?
7. Are any state programs available to allow a taxpayer to come in to compliance voluntarily, offering tax amnesty for prior periods?
8. Will holding inventory or property in another state create state registration and filing requirements?
9. Does delivery of a product or service into another state create state registration and filing requirements?
10. How do cloud related IT services affect state registration and reporting requirements?
We help you create a solid plan, grounded in your business strategy and goals to attack multi-state complexities pertaining to state and local tax compliance and tax planning through one of our:
1. Product/service taxability study (Identify why your product is subject to sales tax)
2. Nexus review and determination (Identify where your business is required to file)
3. Tax risk and exposure assessment (identify total amount at risk due to non-compliance)
4. Voluntary disclosure/amnesty programs assistance
5. Tax compliance (tax registration, return prep, tax correspondence & exempt certificate management)
6. Tax incentives programs research
7. Tax refund study (reverse audit)
8. Audit defense and representation
9. Tax conflict resolution (representation in conciliation & negotiated settlements)
10. Letter Ruling and Advisory Option petition services