EFPR Group is seeking an Staff Accountant, with 1-3 years of experience, to work at any of our office locations. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for working on multiple client engagements, delivering quality and timely service.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and/or review complex business and individual tax returns.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance services.
- Ability to identify and research tax issues, develop resolutions, and prepare written conclusions.
- Assist with the developing, training and mentoring of staff and interns.
- Recognize the opportunity to provide new and innovative services.
- Have initiative to learn new tax skills the diverse client base at EFPR Group can offer including but not limited to public company tax services, banking and financial industry tax services, international, cross-border and expatriate compliance services, and transaction advisory services.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with necessary 150 credit hours
1-3 years related experience is required.
- Current CPA or significant progression towards completing certification
- 3+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software is a plus.
- Experience with tax research software.
- Proficient computer skills in:
- Creative Solutions
- Sage Accounting
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills for facilitating all firm billing with partners, bill managers and clients.
- Possess the ability to listen and handle elevated situations as they arise and maintain professionalism in difficult conversations with staff and clients.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, due date oriented environment.
- Extreme confidentiality required.
- Ask appropriate questions as needed.
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.